The staff at Breese Stevens Field had to get creative when planning events this fall. While haunted houses may seem impossible amidst a pandemic, they were determined to make it work.

“There’s not a ton to do right now in Madison that’s kind of you know safe, outdoor events especially kind of get in the spooky, October feel.”

The staff converted the Breese Stevens Stadium into an outdoor haunted house. But doing this was no easy task as they have to maintain social distancing guidelines.

“Masks are always required, social distancing, we ask that people that come here come with just a family unit or whoever they’re cohabitating with.”

But these guidelines don’t stop the Breese Screamins’ Field from offering all thrills and scares of a typical haunted house.

“I had a mom and her daughter actually come through. She ended up falling to the ground cause I accidentally tripped her and while trying to get her up and staying in character, she ended up squatting down and saying ‘I just peed myself.’”

Customers walk through a series of creepy scenes in each suite of the field. Actors, music, and lighting give the outdoor experience the classic haunted house scare.

“I love the fact that I can hear people coming through and they’re like ‘oh we’re entering the butcher’s room.’”

Breese Screamins’ Field is open Friday and Saturday nights now through halloween between 6:30 and 10:30 at night. Tickets can be purchased on their website.