“For me, they’re just like big puppy dogs. I love them, they come up and they’ll give you big kisses and they know their names when you call them in the morning,” cattle shower Jade Pinter said.

The World Dairy Expo is an event that takes place on the property of the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wisconsin and draws crowds that could fill up Lambeau Field. Farmers and showers from all over the United States and Canada attend the event to check out the latest farming technology, catch up with friends, but most importantly, to show off their cattle.

“Well, there’s a lot of steps, it usually starts, you know, well before the show even starts which is, you know, the nutrition, feeding the cows, what not. Once we get them down here the biggest part is acclimating them to the, you know, to the area. They spend six hours on a trailer, so,” farmer Jesse Heitke said.

“I am showing my red and white Holstein, dairy cattle here. I think the best part is being able to go in and compete against so many amazing cattle. It’s totally a different competition and world of its own down here,” cattle shower Jade Pinter said.

“For over 50 years crowds of up to 70,000 people have been coming to this event. And whether it’s to show a cow and win a prize, or sell a cow, the event is pure fun,” reporter Cal Larsen said.

“For me, it’s just the satisfaction of knowing that I can actually bring cattle here and do well here. You know, you always hope to bring home that medallion, and sometimes you do and sometimes you don’t,” cattle shower Jade Pinter said.

The Expo runs five days and has various shows throughout each day. People hope to do well to either sell their cow, find a breeder, or a handful of other reasons. Being labeled “The Dairy State” farmers don’t see the expo leaving Wisconsin any time soon.